Monday, June 2, 2008

American Idol is over...

Okay. I don't watch American Idol.

I usually watch the audition episodes and then I've lost interest by the time they start the actual competition. Most of the "idols" are forgotten before the next season rolls around. Taylor Swift-- who? Fantasia, wasn't that a musical? I will admit that I really like Kelly Clarkson, but that came around much later, after she was actually an established artist.

I hate David Cook. I don't even know how well he can sing. I don't care. I just want him to go away and take all the bleach-blonde suburbian preteens with him and never, ever be spoken of again.

I'm usually a very nice, pleasant person. However, when I get stuck in traffic my niceness melts away like the faces of the Nazis in the last scene of the first Indiana Jones and I become not so nice of a person. I have never actually "raged" anybody but muderous thoughts have entered my mind. Friday 5/16 I was driving down 7 Hwy in Blue Springs around 530 or 6pm on my way to pick up my kids from babysitters. Usually it takes me about 10 minutes to get from her house back up to I70 in rush-hour traffic. Well, that particular Friday was the day Mr David Fancypants Cook was giving his Power & Light District concert and the shuttle running from Blue Springs to the concert just happened to dump out across the street from my babysitter's subdivision. It took me FIFTY MINUTES (yes nearly an hour) to get from my babysitter's house just to I70, a drive that normally takes me ten. This is David Cook's fault and I will never forgive him. He could actually turn out to have a good voice and a lucrative career, and thirty years from now all I will remember is how much I hate him for making me sit in traffic for an extra forty minutes on a hot Friday.

Another thing I can't stand is how local media is turning David Cook into a local religion. Every time the man breathes they report on it. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow morning they published a detailed schedule of his bowel movements. I'm not kidding, take a look:

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=3B59BDAF9B14427EC5C89EE163BF29F6?contentId=6676233&version=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

Why is this news? I did get a kick out of the shameless plug for the new Fuel location in Independence. I guess just the David Cook story didn't make the minimum word requirement to be an actual story so they had to flesh it out with needless details like a new nightclub that's actually been around for a few months, and then for extra padding throw in is flight plans and that he won't have free time when he comes back cuz he'll be busy, ya know, trying to get people to remember who he is.

Listen, I'm sure he's actually a very nice guy in person. I just am sick of hearing about him every two seconds. AI is over. There's an endless war going on and children in Darfur (and America) are starving.

Thanks for letting me rant ;)

No comments: